Eagerly Awaited European Football Season 23/24 Set to Begin with Exciting Matchups

The eagerly awaited start to the top flight of the 2023/24 European football season is set to begin. Here are some of the most exciting matchups. 



If you want to find out some of the most eagerly awaited fixtures in August 2023 for the upcoming 23/24 European football season, you’ve come to the right place. We have also included information about one of India’s most trusted online sports betting casinos – 10CRIC10.com, which already has football betting markets available with competitive odds for all major top-flight football leagues in Europe. 

What are the biggest matches to watch in August 2023?


There are several big upcoming matches to watch in August, but instead of listing them all, here are just a handful of matches from the English Premier League (also often referred to as the EPL), Spain’s La Liga, Serie A in Italy, the German Bundesliga, and Ligue 1 in France. 


English Premier League


In the opening game of the season on August 12th, current reigning champions Manchester City travel away to play Burnley. Arsenal, who finished in second place, are at home to Nottingham Forest. Other notable fixtures include Chelsea against Liverpool at Stamford Bridge on August 14th, and then Manchester United face Wolverhampton Wanderers (Wolves) at Old Trafford the following day. 


Which team will most likely win the 2023/24 Premier League outright?


It’s still far too early to tell. However, if you look at the latest odds, Manchester City are the current odds-on favourite to win the league outright. For the latest online football betting in India, register your free account today at the official 10CRIC Sports website. This trusted site is managed by a reputable company with an excellent reputation. It’s fully licensed to offer real money gambling services and has over 1,000 licensed online casino games from several market-leading providers. 


If you were to place a wager today on Manchester City to win the league outright, you are currently looking at odds of around 1.80 decimal odds (which is 4/5 in the factional odds format and -125 in the American/moneyline odds format). These odds give Manchester City a 55.60% implied probability rate of winning the league. 


La Liga


Some of the juiciest La Liga fixtures to add to your diary in August are Sevilla against Valencia in the opening game of the season on August 12th, and Athletic Club against Real Madrid on August 13th. Getafe are at home to Barcelona on August 14th, and then on August 15th, Atletico Madrid play Granada. 


Which team will most likely win La Liga 2023/24 outright?


To some people’s surprise, Real Madrid, not the current reigning champions, Barcelona, are the odds-on favourite team to win La Liga outright. Barcelona finished 10 points clear ahead of second-place Real Madrid, but that wasn’t enough to see them as the bookies’ favourite to win this year. 


Let’s take a quick look at the odds:


  • Real Madrid have a 50% implied probability rate of winning. They are priced at even money, which is 2.00 (decimal odds), 1.1 (fractional), or 100 (American/moneyline)
  • Barcelona has a 41.70% implied probability rate of winning. They are currently priced at 2.4 (decimal odds), 7/5 (fractional), or 140 (American/moneyline)


Serie A


Serie A doesn’t get underway until August 20th. Some of the hottest opening fixtures are newly promoted Frosinone against current reigning Serie A champions Napoli in the first game of the season. On the same day, Internazionale (aka Inter, or Inter Milan, as they are known worldwide) are at home to Monza. The following day, Roma play Salernitana, and Udinese travel away to play Juventus. 


Who are the odds-on favourites to win Serie A?


Again, many online bookies have NOT gone with last year’s winner/the current reigning champions, Napoli. Instead, Inter are many bookies’ favourites to win Serie A this year. Here are the latest average odds:


  • Inter – 2.75 (which is 7/4 in fractional odds or 175 in American/moneyline odds). Inter, therefore, currently have a 36.4% implied probability rate of winning Serie A
  • Napoli – 4.00 (3/1, or 300), with a 25% chance of winning
  • Juventus – 4.50 (7/2, or 35), with a 22.20% chance of winning




In the opening game of the Bundesliga 2023/24 season on August 19th, Werder Bremen face current reigning champions Bayern Munich at home. The following day, Bayer Leverkusen are at home to RB Leipzig, and Borussia Dortmund play Koln. 


Who are the favourites to win the Bundesliga?


If you hadn’t already guessed, current reigning champions Bayern Munich are, once again, the odds-on favourite to win the 2023/24 Bundesliga title. If they win again, it will be their incredible twelfth consecutive title. The last time a German team other than Bayern Munich won the Bundesliga was back in 2011/12, when Borussia Dortmund won.


Bayern are currently priced at 1.25 (1/4, or -400), with a whopping 80.00% implied probability rate. In comparison, the second odds-on favourite, Borussia Dortmund, are priced at 5.00 (4/1, or 400), with only a 20.00% chance of winning. 


Ligue 1


In the opening game of Ligue 1 in France, some of the tastiest fixtures are Lille Olympique Sporting Club (LOSC Lille) against Nice on August 12th, Marseille against Reims on August 13th, and PSG (Paris Saint-German, current reigning champions) against Lorient, also on the 13th. On the same day, you have Brest at home to Lens, and the following day, Nantes play Toulouse at home, while Clermont Foot play Monaco. 

Who are the favourites to win the Ligue 1?


As some of you may have already guessed, the odds-on favourite to win Ligue 1 by a clear mile this year are PSG, and that’s without Messi, and with or without Kylian Mbappe. Here are the latest odds:


  • PSG – 1.20 (1/5, or -500), with an overwhelming 83.30% implied probability rate of winning
  • Marseille – 12/00 (11/1, or 1.100), with only an 8.30% chance of winning


Final note


When placing a wager on any upcoming top-flight European football matches, don’t forget that no bets are ever guaranteed to make you money. Anything can happen in football, and the odds are subject to change at any time without warning. In other words, if you like the look of some of these odds, place your bets now instead of running the risk of the odds getting any worse.